Thursday 18 August 2011

Hrithik Feels Gud For ZNMD!!!!


Mumbai, Aug. 15 -- Hrithik Roshan is overwhelmed by the response to his latest release, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (ZNMD). He admits he did Zoya Akhtar's movie only for the love of 'pure cinema' since nothing in it had a commercial reference point.
"What I like best about Zoya is that she has an open mind and refuses to conform. She doesn't follow the herd, but tries to figure out something new and refreshing," he points out. "When she came to me with ZNMD, I thought if I could use my star status to play one of the boys, I might pass on the vision to other aspiring filmmakers.
Its success has reaffirmed my belief that you should always follow your heart." The actor is open to the idea of a sequel too. "I even have an idea for it," Hrithik admits. "It would be set five-six years from now. Arjun (Hrithik), Imran (Farhan Akhtar) and Kabir (Abhay Deol) are older, evolved and have settled down. They're in a different stage in their lives and in a different state of mind. But there are new problems and a reason to go off on another trip together." So, will Arjun, the stockbroker, do a "Moshi moshi?" in Part 2 too? "Maybe, since it's become such a catchphrase," he smiles. "But Arjun is lucky that thanks to Laila (Katrina Kaif), he's broken out of the box and learnt to live life to the fullest."
Hrithik claims that as an actor, he has never got stuck with a particular image or been identified with a certain kind of cinema. "Every film I do is not a Krrish (2006) or a Dhoom 2 (2006)," he reasons. "I've experimented with a Koi... Mil Gaya (2003), a Guzaarish (2010) and now a ZNMD, and the gambles have paid off."
Before the release, when Zoya was asked if she was planning a sequel, she'd said it had taken her to two years to put the film together. "I need a break to step back and look at the film objectively; if I feel we can take the story forward and if I can get the script right. A lot will also depend on how ZNMD fares commercially."
The box-office has gone 'mantal'. So may be there's a chance the 'bwayz' will be back!

No comments: